Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The year that went by ..

Yes,2011 comes to an end.....and I feel older....no longer a kid or a teen....it depressed me for a while amongst many other things....but then there were a whole lot of things the year taught and made me experience. A bullet point post again ( one of the best things university exams taught me ;)). So, people here's 2011 in bullets :

  • A holiday start to the year to the "Scotland of India", Coorg, words might not be enough to describe the lovely place it was, a home stay amongst coffee plantations,a private waterfall, a tree house style room and the view outside,colours spread around in absolute harmony,balancing and complementing each other,a pretty house and the fairy tale life it was for 3 days :)
  •  The initial excitement of first job faded with the year passing by, work does affect life in more than one way, financial independence makes way for a confidence boost,on the other hand a realization strikes when you get to know that this is not what you dreamt of since childhood, that dreams come true but yes, they have a cost,be it love, family or career and the balancing act can fade the dream itself.... I hate to believe still that luck does wonders for some people and NOT for some....and I still believe hard work might not pay instantly but it comes back in the form of pleasant surprises and I really want to live up to these beliefs
  • Some relations did wonders to my life,leaving me amazed....My Parents are my pillar of strength and I wish I could be as supportive of my kids as they are of me when I myself become a mother....My sister is my mirror and my bond with her keeps getting stronger "anti jinxing"....Friends act as elixirs, I run to them when I am happy,I run to them when I am sad and I run to them when I am neither of the two....makes me believe that though a loner, I can't do much in life if I don't have people to share joys and sorrows with
  • I worked hard for some things,not getting them is another thing,but I am happy I did not take anything for granted,neither work,nor relationships or studies for that matter
  • I am unhappy that my reading list did not get any longer, read a very few books and lot many new blogs, I wonder how will I survive if I don't get to read them. I want to read a lot more in the year to come....a lot more means a lot lot more..
  • My love for cooking grew manifold, thanks to the blog-world and Master-Chef India 2 :) Also, the fitness and diet freak in me has rebound in full swing, and I so feel happy shappy about it :)
I am bad at resolutions and its no point making them because for me well planned things do not work,so there is going to be just a wishlist for the life that waits by, and it starts with,
A lesser cribbing me, a lesser lazy me
A more happy me, A more prompt me
A little more singing, a little more dancing, a little more cooking and a lot more reading :) .

Wishing you all a very happy new year, May the year bring health,happiness and prosperity to all our families and friends !!!!

And May we make the world a better, greener and happier place to live in !!!!



4 comments:

  1. Your Coorg vacation sounds wonderful. Here's to more such get aways in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pepper !! Wishing many such get aways to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by Ganesh !!
    Yeah....More writing too,wish u the same :)

    ReplyDelete